Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Impressions from a gig

After being on the road myself for quite some time I finally went to a gig again last night and watched Dimmu Borgir in Cologne, it was a tripple package with Dimmu Borgir headlining and Amon Amarth and a band called Engel opening up. I have to say that I don't know anything about Engel, besides what the singer let us know... "We are not fucking Hatesphere, we are not from fucking Norway, we are Engel from Gothenburg and we have T-Shirts"... well, good to know... It was my first time watching Amon Amarth besides some short impressions on festivals and I really liked the band a lot, they played some cool songs, but since In Sorte Diaboli is one of my fave albums of this year so far they couldn't compete with Dimmu Borgir, at least not for me. The band played a killer show with a great mix of old and new songs and now I can't wait to go to more gigs again, it is nice to not be on stage for a change :-)